Monday, June 15, 2009

you got D's #$@#$%$@$%, D's, Rosie Perez

Mama, I made it...after spending 81% of my life in California's public education system, I graduated from the University of California yesterday. Years of social awkwardness, developing extremely poor sleeping habits, and general angst come to an end (but not really).
















The picture is a bit blurry, but she clearly killed it.
















The bald guy pointed out here is a counselor for the Letters and Science Dean. A nice little side story - I was called into his office this past school year after a slight dip in my GPA. He proceeded to tell me that I was "stupid" for running this type of business, I had to be "an idiot" for opening any business in this economy, I should get a "real job", and finally that he didn't think that I "would make it in school or business." I drove from his office to the Crest Theater where we sold out the main theater for our screening of Macaframa. I just want to tell you Mike - thank you.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats burn, a long and hard process but im glad u graduated bruh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Yeah, this album is dedicated to all teachers that told me I'd never amount to nothin'..."

    ReplyDelete